Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rawr

Shirt: Not available online check stores. 
Jeans: not available in this color- check stores, similar
Shoes: same, similar, flats, sale

I rocked this fierce shirt for a friends bday event last month. 
Hibachi and karaoke...how fun?!
I'm unfortunately the kind of girl that needs something new for every event even though I have an overflowing closet. Its something I recognize and need to work on yet...its an endearing quality no?
I went to Kohls originally looking for LCs red blazer. I was inspired by a blog post on LaurenConrad.com where one of her writers styled a red blazer four ways
(How cute is she?!)
The blazer was not at my local store and unavailable in my size at the time per the kiosk, so I had to rethink my strategy.
I came across this top on the clearance rack and was fascinated by the colors. In general I'd think something like this was a little too busy but the colors are what attracted me. That and the material which is silky in front and jersey in the back, and the relaxed cut is something that I enjoy on days I'm not feeling tip top. 
I had just received the jeans in the mail and thought they'd be perfect. 
Now, what shoes to wear?
I could have gone the safe route and went with classic nude. But I was feeling daring and fierce at that point and thought-- lets scope out the shoe scene. 
BAM!
Clearance pumps for $10 (with card and coupon).
Of course, I wanted these originally. No dice. 
I love the design and the heels not too high that I wouldn't be able to wear them for a night out. 

I've never really looked at Rock and Republic when shopping but this shirt and those neon shoes have made me keep my eyes out for more finds. Have you ever overlooked a brand only to find something later on that has made you change your mind?

2 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & taking the time to comment! Love this look - that top is so cute. I actually almost bought it a few weeks ago...kinda wishing I had now! I love how you styled it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for returning the favor! I love reading others blogs its a great way to get the creative juices flowing! =)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by PolkaDots&Lace! It really means a lot to me. Leave some messages... keep it positive! <3