You guys, I think I have an addictive personality.
Like, a secret one.
I mean, I'm not hooked on things that are bad for me.
(Unless you count shopping, shoes, nail polishes, lip gloss, Facebook...)
I can't stop reading blogs. I feel like I'm connected to so many of you out there. There are endless blogs about everything under the sun! I can't stop!
I hop on bloglovin' to check out whats new. I come across a giveaway or a new sponsor link, an award post or a link up then I can't stop opening new tabs! My little bitty Dell can't keep up! It starts twitching and giving me the Chrome has frozen face. You know the one:
He's dead Jim.
I end up falling for these bloggers and add them to bloglovin' and then I never finish my bloglovin list. Seriously, I've been working on this for about a week now.
Then my blog suffers cause I'm too busy trying to keep up with everyone elses!
So my apologies for the sporadic posts.
In addition to keeping me busy, these blogs have inspired me to think a little outside the box.
Its no secret that I love clothes, and shopping and then being inspired and putting it all together. But I also love other things!
- Baking- I became known in the fam (& at work) for trying new sweet recipes and now that SL (my dear fiance) has taken over the cooking in the house its up to me to make the sweets. Hes not big on eating sweets so I try to spread them around so I don't eat them all my self.
- Walking with my dog. I wanted us to do a couple of 5ks and a Breed Awareness walk last year but scheduling would not allow. This year I made a pact with myself to make sure we participated. I love seeing her interact with other dogs. I also like 5ks for myself and I hope with more motivation and tenacity that I'll make running my new (addicting) hobby. I'd love to travel to races as my excuse to see more of the world!)
- Date nights and girls nights. With basically opposite schedules, kids and what not we don't get a lot of time to hang out. When we do I want it to be so much fun we laugh and smile about it until the next GNO/GNI. And date nights- well we are very much home- bodies but I love the occasional night at our fave local spot or a night at the casino. Its a chance to re-connect and put in a little effort that sometimes lacks. Its hard when you're with someone for six years to not fall into a familiar routine. KEEP THE SPARK ALIVE!
- DIYs. I started some this past winter- I made some seasonal wreaths & other various items from Pinterest & I'd like to throw some projects in here and there.
- Reading. I've always wanted to join a book club- I'd love to meet new people with similar reading interests and I'd love to try new genres. I'm kinda stuck in romantic Nicholas Sparks, Nora Roberts-ville, and while I do read other books (Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight, 50 shades) they're mostly best sellers. I'd like to return to the classics, the books that I would have hated being forced to read in high school but now that its been ten years (ten freakin years!?!) I think I'll have more of an appreciation for them.
- TV. Not so much reality TV- Jersey Shore ruined that for me (but I do like the occasional episode of RHOBH or Big Rich Texas and more recently Wicked Single). I'm talking the heavy hitters- Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Shameless, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Nurse Jackie, Justified, Scandal, Nashville, The Americans, Newsroom (to name just a few). This is the kind of TV I cannot live without. SL and I carve out time (usually while we eat dinner...bad habit? don't care) every week to watch these shows so we can stay current. We have whole conversations about characters and events that happen. It can actually be insightful and its fun when we try to guess what will happen next week.
My point of this post, I guess, is to say I have a desire to do a little bit of everything. I want to say that I've tried and failed or succeeded. I become addicted to whatever it is that tickles my fancy this week and I'd like to chronicle all the paths on this journey of life.
So, expect a few changes, seeing a few different things.
Hope you stick around and please please, follow on Bloglovin....become addicted like me!!!
And heres a favorite song of mine. Love me some Kelly.