Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Style Sessions Tuesday

I loved this color combo. I never pair colors together though. Its not until I see someone else with similar colors that the light bulb goes off. Too often I get stuck in the rut of neutrals. Or maybe its a winter thing. Either way I find myself leaning towards bright and brighter. I guess I'm addicted to color and color-blocking! 
I was inspired to pair these together from Alyson at  The Average Girl's Guide . She effortlessly paired a kelly green and navy for the start of spring. I've had all these pieces in my closet for a while now and blue is just my absolute favorite color to wear with green in a close second so I just had to try it out. 
The results were fun! I added my favorite canvas wedges and some bright nails and lips and I'm pretty proud of the outcome. I'm definitely wearing this again. 

Silky top: Old navy | tank: Old Navy (old) | Pants: LC @ Kohls | Necklace: F21| Ring: I forget | Lips: Loreal Caresse in Coral Tattoo (love this stuff want it in every color!) 

Shoes: Payless (faves!)

Nails: Gelish in Tiki Tiki Laranga
I love the little glowy handprint the camera captured!


Linking up today with StyleElixir for Style Sessions! Quickly becoming my favorite day of the week!

STYLELIXIR Style Sessions

If you're still reading this...thanks! And I'd love it if you'd follow me! I'm on FB, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin, and GFC  & oh lordy its exhausting! I've got some cute little linky buttons up there on the top right...just click away and make my day! Thanks loves!!
And comments! I love comments and I read them all and I do my best to reply- it may take me a while though. Bear with me. =) And thanks for stopping by!


3 comments :

  1. I just bought a pair of pants that color and I paired them with a navy top, I added a coral necklace for even more color! I love this color combo.

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so flattered you used the post as inspiration. You look beautiful, and LOVE the idea of kelly green pants. You might have me on a mission now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mix looks sooo cute together!! I feel like I start getting bored with my wardrobe, and then I have to rely on other bloggers for inspiration. I wish I had green pants so that I could try this!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by PolkaDots&Lace! It really means a lot to me. Leave some messages... keep it positive! <3