Saturday, January 11, 2014

Green Smoothie

In an effort to start the year off right I started a Pinterest board on Smoothies and updated my Healthful board, I signed up for Zumba at the rec center and I looked at this picture of Kim K.
Okay, maybe that last one didn't do much in the self esteem department but I certainly put in some time on Pinterest! 
(side note: I'm more team Kourt or Khloe but when it comes down to it, I love me a good Kim pic.)
I keep reading about how awesome green smoothies are for your mornings and how frugal they are.
Oh really? I'm down.
I checked out a few different recipes before settling on this version. 

PBB (peanut butter banana) Green Smoothie

You need:
  • 2 cups of baby spinach (or baby kale if you're into that)
  • 2/3 cup (add a little more to thin the smoothie) of unsweetened coconut milk (or almond, soy skim, whatever)
  • one ripened banana
  • one heaping tablespoon of creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt ( I used plain 2% but 0% or vanilla work as does regular yogurt)
Blend ingredients and serve chilled. Enjoy!




I would have taken more pics you see...but I was in such a rush to drink it... This makes a great base to start with. I'd love to add some berries...and I found a great blueberry kale smoothie that I'm dying to drink! What have you been doing to stay on track this year?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by PolkaDots&Lace! It really means a lot to me. Leave some messages... keep it positive! <3