Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Motivation!!

Started Day 1 of my Insanity hybrid challenge. I hurt from the Fit Test so I went to a Zumba class instead. Tonight is Cardio Power and Resistance...fuuuuun. 
I definitely have to work on the nutrition portion. I always have to work on the nutrition. As they say "abs are made in the kitchen". I like healthy foods. I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies. I love most fish and I could eat chicken everyday. I eat veggie burgers and go red meatless now and then. And desserts I could take em or leave em.  But I'm a sucker for fries. And chips, and fried clams, and alfredo sauce. 
When I snack I don't just have a portion I mindlessly eat things until I am so full and I hate myself. This Insanity challenge is not only to get me more active its to help me eat better. 
I've tried WeightWatchers before and I did well for a little while. But theres not a huge emphasis on exercise. Its all portion control, and I can dig it...for a while. Then I get bored and fall off. 
I have a gym membership that I haven't utilized in 3 months. Which generally happens in the summer months. Its just too nice not to be outside. And gyms smell. Its never really pleasant. 
I like group ex though. Actually some of them I love like Zumba and PiYo. I could get into yoga too. I just have to start putting my mind to it. Good ol willpower. 
Anyone else struggle will mindless eating and boredom? How do you get through it?
If anyones interested I am on MyFitnessPal.com 
MyFitnessPal is a great tool that you can use on your PC or mobile device to track your eating and exercising habits. Like WW but FREE! You can connect with other members and motivate each other. My username is Msmeggie85
Follow me! I've got your back if you've got mine!
And now heres some motivation!


This is going to have to be September and Octobers motto. If I'm really into this I shouldn't buy clothes until I'm happy with how I look. Don't want to be wasting $$ on clothes that won't fit!
Source: pfitblog.com via Meghan on Pinterest
I think I should print this out and put it on my fridge and in my closet and in the bathroom and one in the car for good measure. =)



Constantly remind yourself that its only 12 weeks. Make sure you are surrounding yourself with lovers not haters. You want to hear that you're hard work is paying off. You want to know that other people are noticing your kicking ass. At least I do. And the one person I can always count on to boost me is my mom. <<3>

This right here is why I Zumba. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by PolkaDots&Lace! It really means a lot to me. Leave some messages... keep it positive! <3